stubborn mind.
Whilst I recognise the ebbings of the tuggings, I am irked that I still feel tendrils of it stroking the fringes of my mind. As tiny tentacles it creeps and tangles the inactive sides fo the brain, channeling my thoughts to her once again when my guard is down.
In wanton irony, I use her words with a twist: "work is so slack, that I risk being consumed by memories, so I cannot let my guard down. Need distractions."
I think it is the great polarity between our positions that had caused the rift. Two similar persons placed in extremely different positions... One would naturally lap up the work and dislike distractions, whilst the other would lap up the distractions, given the lack of work.
Notice how insidious my mind is. Notice how thoughts of her crept subtly into my words.
I have a long way to go. "The train is departing, please stand back"...
The train of my thoughts wind up and down, but ultimately it has to follow the rails set by Him.
His will be done, not my own.
In wanton irony, I use her words with a twist: "work is so slack, that I risk being consumed by memories, so I cannot let my guard down. Need distractions."
I think it is the great polarity between our positions that had caused the rift. Two similar persons placed in extremely different positions... One would naturally lap up the work and dislike distractions, whilst the other would lap up the distractions, given the lack of work.
Notice how insidious my mind is. Notice how thoughts of her crept subtly into my words.
I have a long way to go. "The train is departing, please stand back"...
The train of my thoughts wind up and down, but ultimately it has to follow the rails set by Him.
His will be done, not my own.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home