Sunday, June 19, 2005

competition.

The Silver Sun has risen again. It proved to me again, my mind is still strong, and my aim is still true. I shot today, entirely on God's strength, cos I know I am weak, physically and mentally.Amen!
It was traumatic, how painful images flash like crazy when I try to focus, but calm sets in when I hold my bow. A worthy companion she is, dependable and stolid. Dun think I would bear to change her for the new Stormcloud. I did not win tops today, but I did pretty ok. 25% increase in points from last yr! Wheeeee.....I have missed the sheer joy of improvement for so long I forgot how sweet it tastes.

It is amazing, how my mind is able to shut out everything at the shooting lane... the moment I drop my bow, memories flood once again, and I wish she is here to see me... but the moment I hold my bow, its just me and the target. For moments today, I was not tormented by loss. For moments today, I just felt her silent support even though she is physically not here. I guess it should suffice.

Her short call today was like a sliver of ice on a parched throat. Immensely soothing, yet not enough to quench the thirst entirely. The cynic mind would say its probably done out of obligation, but the heart says no. It is concern, albeit watered down. It is an echo of the call made 4 months ago after Outdoor. I hang on to the hope.

I am entrusting all to Him. He will show me the way, the future, and the light. I feel good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home