Wednesday, June 15, 2005

parodied love.a

Romance dramas is like a catalyst. By itself, it tries to parody love, to capture its essence in that short span. When in love, viewer is reminded of love, of their own romantic experience. When lovespurned, they are reminded of their own woes, their own sadness. It is like an emotional drug, enhances feelings of love, makes the unloved start tearing inside.

I just finished watching on, and that was the most painful 45 min ever... The gal is breaking off with the guy, and the guy still thinks she was joking. The gal issued an ultimatum, and he walks, unaware, away from her at her most vulnerable stage. He thought her fiery, unreasoned and even suspected that she fell ion love with another, his masked alter ego. He tried to use spite, and added more tears to the gal. He concludes she is unfaithful, and tries to humiliate her by revealing his dual identity to her.......

... only to find out from her that she initiated the break cos she thot she has become loathesome in his sight. She wanted to break up, cos she thot he had enough of her scoldings, of her constant comparison. She thought he was right to go off with another, and thot her own rage at his attempt at spite sealed her own fate. She thought to release him... by breaking up. She did not realise that her decision broke his heart, and her revelation made him shed tears through the mask...Tragic. He had taken her scoldings for acts of love. If only she had knew.

Stuff of novels, parodies of life. Would anything such as this ever happen in real life? I wish. If my angel had taken flight because she thought I'd be unhappy with her scoldings, she would have been like the gal in the novel. And know not that her scolding does not deride my love in any way.
Halfway through I spotted the plot and predicted the outcome... half way through my mind just cant stop drawing the links. How similar a situation, yet how different the outcome.

If only my angel had chosen flight cos she did not want me to detest her... and not because she wish to pursue others.
If only she had looked back and seen my tears, at the arrow she had set off that pierced my heart. She would have known I love everything about her, even the scoldings, even the impatent rolling of eyes. Every bit I loved and remembered, everybit I held dear. I was like the guy, had only looked to the outside, never expressed the inside or his appreciation of the gal's good intentions. He tried ways to please and got frustrated with failed attempts...
Oh so familar, yet so different. Oh so different. In the show, the guy revealed his mask and hugged her, and all was ok again.
In life, my angel has taken flight, and I am landbound, wingless to give chase. I claw at the winds, try to leap and grab a bit to hold on to... but I know if she wishes to fly, she will still fly away in the end. Because my angel had not flown away cos she feared her constant chiding would make me hate her... she flew away cos she thinks her job is done. My tears still flow, but who is left to see it? My wound still bleed, my heart still rent, but who is here to salve it? No one. I have no one.

Drama parodies Life.
I wonder how many lovelorn souls lapped up Romeo and Juliet, and either analogised their own untimely parting to themselves, or drew consolation that their own ending was not as bloody. I wonder how many times couples watch Tame of the Shrew with a bemused smile, remembering part of their courtship. For me, it brings silent tears. What I would not give to hear the angel sing once more. What I would not give. But no price I pay can bring her back.

If only Drama truly mirrored Life.

PS: the ironies of all... I had wanted to invite her to my place to watch the start of this drama, cos I knew she loves drama... now it mocks tha "could haves" that lay upon my mind. anguish

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home