midnight train.
That was the name of the encore piece by the Boston Brass; that was also how I got home...
The evening was fantastic! Went down ard 5ish to get the tickets and arrived at 6. After collection and some wandering, settled into V-tea room for a nice cuppa chai latte and a good book. Very nice ambience! Nice waitresses too, except that the hard selling of her scones and sakes were a bit of a turn off. And the show of petulance after the rejection assured be that I am not hungry. All settled in the wait for Yo and Pee... waited and waited... and they were all super late, so we went to the concert missing the first piece. But no loss. First band sucked anyway. The show truly began after the interval.... when the Boston Brass played!!
What showmanship! What musical prowess! Worthed every minute of wait, every cent that I paid man! Wunderful experience, seeing them live, hearing them joke and improvise on stage.. The whole concert hall literally lit up with their display of sheer musicianship. Made me SO wanna pick up the horn again. Made me SO wanna just drown in the glorious tones of Shaw's pure golden notes....
Post aural estasy, it was gastronomic estasy... Food al fresco at the makansutra place... yummy super sinful local fair that tastes SO good. And we met Barry, an addition to the weekly friday's Beery Good Association at Walas. Marvellous. We chatted, commiserated, crapped and before we know it, its way too late... Brisk walked to the MRT, and realise we still managed to catch the midnight train... yay....
Whilst waiting, we talked... and I realise we not only looked a lot older, dress a lot older... we think older too.. Throughout, we talked about bonuses, buying of house and/or cars (or rather the inability to due to lack of bonuses)... career plans, future career switches.... We realised we have grown old. Matured and ready to face the world, leaving whatever vistage of our youth behind as fond memories and personal histories.
The midnight train never stops where you want it to... I would have loved for that piece to continue on for perpetuity cos it was so beautiful... and I woul dhave liked to get off at CCK, and not Kranji... Yet when it comes ot the midnight train, it sets its own rules....
Would it one day come, when I become that midnight train? Last one standing, only one remaining, totally beyond caring?
The evening was fantastic! Went down ard 5ish to get the tickets and arrived at 6. After collection and some wandering, settled into V-tea room for a nice cuppa chai latte and a good book. Very nice ambience! Nice waitresses too, except that the hard selling of her scones and sakes were a bit of a turn off. And the show of petulance after the rejection assured be that I am not hungry. All settled in the wait for Yo and Pee... waited and waited... and they were all super late, so we went to the concert missing the first piece. But no loss. First band sucked anyway. The show truly began after the interval.... when the Boston Brass played!!
What showmanship! What musical prowess! Worthed every minute of wait, every cent that I paid man! Wunderful experience, seeing them live, hearing them joke and improvise on stage.. The whole concert hall literally lit up with their display of sheer musicianship. Made me SO wanna pick up the horn again. Made me SO wanna just drown in the glorious tones of Shaw's pure golden notes....
Post aural estasy, it was gastronomic estasy... Food al fresco at the makansutra place... yummy super sinful local fair that tastes SO good. And we met Barry, an addition to the weekly friday's Beery Good Association at Walas. Marvellous. We chatted, commiserated, crapped and before we know it, its way too late... Brisk walked to the MRT, and realise we still managed to catch the midnight train... yay....
Whilst waiting, we talked... and I realise we not only looked a lot older, dress a lot older... we think older too.. Throughout, we talked about bonuses, buying of house and/or cars (or rather the inability to due to lack of bonuses)... career plans, future career switches.... We realised we have grown old. Matured and ready to face the world, leaving whatever vistage of our youth behind as fond memories and personal histories.
The midnight train never stops where you want it to... I would have loved for that piece to continue on for perpetuity cos it was so beautiful... and I woul dhave liked to get off at CCK, and not Kranji... Yet when it comes ot the midnight train, it sets its own rules....
Would it one day come, when I become that midnight train? Last one standing, only one remaining, totally beyond caring?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home