Saturday, July 16, 2005

pain in the butt.

You know you are not young anymore when you start to pant after 3 games of captain's ball. Granted, thegame took on dimensions akin to rugby and basketball, but still?
The running was ok... it was the jumping... being tall and heavy, I was the natural choice as defender... so I had to jump... and jump... and jump. And now my butt hurts. A lot. Feels like cramps. Argh.

Aside from the pain in the butt, it was a nice day. Too early for my liking, but the games were cool and it was great mixing with people from other churchs, other walks of life. The vibrancy, the diversity is obvious, and the unity that gels it all up - God, game, sportsmanship - leaves one feeling somewhat refreshed. You sink into the bigger tapestry of things, a part of the whole picture, but each adding an important colour. All 39 teams wore different colours - it was like a carnival, a storm of different colours and shades that formed the CAC youths. My team was togged in pink. Pastel pink.
Youth... a label I shall cling on to no longer.

It is a good feeling, that I now nurse a pain in the butt rather than pain elsewhere. A simple matter of choice results in such different fates. If I had gone by my previous decision, I would have been a pretty sad person today, and I would have to live out the next fortnight in misery. I chose to be happy, and I found that I am. Praise Him.

A startling thought breached my mind as I waited in between games.. So many different faces, unfamiliar names... How can this be, when I had been a director for 2 years? How can it be, when I had known more for the last? A connecting nexus that lost its connectivity is a failed nexus - in my months spent on self serving pursuits I had neglected my duties as a part of the Board. What happened to me? I gave up so much for so little - a very very bad bargain. All the poor choices of the past came at a rush somewhere in half time, and I found myself in shock as the game resumed.
I gave up so much, for so little.

The train had gone on the wrong divider, and though it rejoined the original path, it failed to stop at so many other stations. Some are gone forever, some may still be redeemed. All i can do now is try. And pray.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home