Monday, August 01, 2005

no flowers!

I woke to a call from Katong today... they wont sponsor the flowers!!! (*&^%^$&^*&%^$^$&%&)
Its a sad way to start your day, no? Called the boss to update, heard the disappointment in his voice.. Bleah.... Gambate!

I recalled the convo with Jen last night... And I am still amused. Never expected her to be an object of desire as such, but why am I not surprised it will be him? I could not help but laugh everytime I am reminded of it.
Diverted her attentions with talk of the team... So the rest of them are going to WUG. Without me. I kinda expected it, so I was not as bitter as I thought I will be. It would have been better if I got it from her, rather than to be told of it by another. My team members abandoned me, but in truth, I had first abandoned them - there is no fault from either in this. There is only sadness.

I had made it clear my career comes first, and my bow the second, though at that time it would have seemed like abject betrayal to them...
I kept my Silver Sun, turned my back against my waiting teammates, and departed from the field, the sun drenched range. I bid a hasty goodbye to the days of scorching suns and shared agonies, promised to return in the near future.
I told them I have a career to carve and a broken heart to nurse, they were silenced...

So what if I had not gone to Korea and M'sia? So what if I dun get sponsored equipment? So what if I will not go to Turkey? I still have my bow, I still have my friends. At least I know in tim eof distress she will come to me. That is enough.
Team Singapore: I will be back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home