waiting for the rain.
When they said life is transient and fleeting, never truly believed, for - there is just so much to do in life, so how can it ever be fleeting?
But as the sleepless aftermath of marine cleared, as the realities of IT, Conflicts and IP continued their stirs in my path, I had to admit - it all passes, and rarely leaves a mark. So what if I use barratry jokes and IP jargon? It will never go beyond that - unless I start buying yachts and file patents. Life at this period is indeed highly volatile, transient, and somewhat transparent. everything is moving so fast, it is crazy!
Everything is changing (Keane), and I get the feeling that I still haven't found what I'm looking for (U2)... but hey, I came to a realisation: Sometimes you can't make it, on your own(u2 again)...
Cheesy, corny, yes. But very true. So I shall wait for the rain to come again. For His drops to nourish my parchedness and barrenness. Why charter your own path when there is one already made? I shall just wait, and listen for the thunder that spells rain.
I have also been awakened to the fact that I am not alone. And I thank Him for the people around me, how in my quest for more I had given up what I had for what is perceived to be greater things. How sad. But at least I had realised that now rather than later... life is so fleeting, later could well mean decades.
Oh, and Mr Bugger whom I dissed on my comment inspired me. I shall do a paper on internet blogging. "Libels Online", and the jurisdictional issues of defamation across borders on a medium hitherto vaguely defined by the law. Who knows, if he is a US citizen, I might get punitive damages! Heh. Wishful thinking... And I dun think he has a million to his name, so bugger it.
But reading about blog defamation suits is kinda disturbing... just how much is libel? And just how much can we mask our words? Readers who know me will know my euphemisms and analogies - does it point to common knowledge? Subjective knowledge - is that the same as normal defamation or more? And objective standard, tthe average Blogger, Surfer or reader? Questions unanswered, but when the first ruling comes out, it could well be time to start deleting archives...
I digress: Back to the wait for rain.
It seems so wunderful, to be just spending time in my room, thinking, waiting, enjoying the morning sun. Forgetting about deadlines, targets, expectations and even stuff like food. Waiting is therapeutic I gathered. And right now, I stand in a drizzle, waiting for the downpour of thirst quenching skyjuice.
Droplets of goodness finding willing broken soil.
But as the sleepless aftermath of marine cleared, as the realities of IT, Conflicts and IP continued their stirs in my path, I had to admit - it all passes, and rarely leaves a mark. So what if I use barratry jokes and IP jargon? It will never go beyond that - unless I start buying yachts and file patents. Life at this period is indeed highly volatile, transient, and somewhat transparent. everything is moving so fast, it is crazy!
Everything is changing (Keane), and I get the feeling that I still haven't found what I'm looking for (U2)... but hey, I came to a realisation: Sometimes you can't make it, on your own(u2 again)...
Cheesy, corny, yes. But very true. So I shall wait for the rain to come again. For His drops to nourish my parchedness and barrenness. Why charter your own path when there is one already made? I shall just wait, and listen for the thunder that spells rain.
I have also been awakened to the fact that I am not alone. And I thank Him for the people around me, how in my quest for more I had given up what I had for what is perceived to be greater things. How sad. But at least I had realised that now rather than later... life is so fleeting, later could well mean decades.
Oh, and Mr Bugger whom I dissed on my comment inspired me. I shall do a paper on internet blogging. "Libels Online", and the jurisdictional issues of defamation across borders on a medium hitherto vaguely defined by the law. Who knows, if he is a US citizen, I might get punitive damages! Heh. Wishful thinking... And I dun think he has a million to his name, so bugger it.
But reading about blog defamation suits is kinda disturbing... just how much is libel? And just how much can we mask our words? Readers who know me will know my euphemisms and analogies - does it point to common knowledge? Subjective knowledge - is that the same as normal defamation or more? And objective standard, tthe average Blogger, Surfer or reader? Questions unanswered, but when the first ruling comes out, it could well be time to start deleting archives...
I digress: Back to the wait for rain.
It seems so wunderful, to be just spending time in my room, thinking, waiting, enjoying the morning sun. Forgetting about deadlines, targets, expectations and even stuff like food. Waiting is therapeutic I gathered. And right now, I stand in a drizzle, waiting for the downpour of thirst quenching skyjuice.
Droplets of goodness finding willing broken soil.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home