unshackled.
Freed of my chains, I languish in my new found liberty. It feels oh-so-womderful, to not have this heavy load on my chest, this huge burden on my shoulders. I woke today, well rested and happy. Work is in the plans, but for now it is time to rest. Guilt-free rest at that!
It has been so long since I had a full recharge, the feeling just left me breatheless (no kidding. i think I am getting asthma attacks...). Free like a bird, I lazed, read, ate and slept as I please. Ok, it sounds like a life of a pig, but heck, I am having fun.
The exam lights flicker in the dark, the headlights of the incoming train. Caught as I am in the tracks of time, I have only seconds to decide my fate - to run fast to a station and ride the train, or to stay in my place and face imminent destruction. Not a difficult decision. I will run of course, as I always do. But I still have a few seconds to linger, the light is still but a small dot. For now, for today I shall take my long-overdue rest. And whosoever thinks I should not, go run yourself over with a train!
It has been so long since I had a full recharge, the feeling just left me breatheless (no kidding. i think I am getting asthma attacks...). Free like a bird, I lazed, read, ate and slept as I please. Ok, it sounds like a life of a pig, but heck, I am having fun.
The exam lights flicker in the dark, the headlights of the incoming train. Caught as I am in the tracks of time, I have only seconds to decide my fate - to run fast to a station and ride the train, or to stay in my place and face imminent destruction. Not a difficult decision. I will run of course, as I always do. But I still have a few seconds to linger, the light is still but a small dot. For now, for today I shall take my long-overdue rest. And whosoever thinks I should not, go run yourself over with a train!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home