Monday, December 26, 2005

Christmas

For Christmans this year, I junked the hackneyed carols and stayed at home. Thank God. :) It was a wonderful night spent incompany of family, good food, wine, and nice ice cream log cake. I ate so much I was in serious pain. Serious.
So much for training.

As for Christmas day, it was spent at grandma's. It is amazing how kids grow. My cousins have matured even more, and they continue to amaze me... Precocious kids. And the poor married ones, shackled with burden of marriage... alas...Oh well.... leaves me their share of the wine! Dad made a fool of himself and brought dessert wine instead of proper reds. Boohoo. But we were suitably watered when someone brought up a case. Bliss.

And since the nice people at MOS were persistent enuff to send me so many invites, I arranged for a secondment... just in case the family gather proved boring.. Met moy chums at 10, and we boogied till 4.

Mnistry of Sound. Ministry: a play on "administration" and "authoritative body".
In my opinion, it was both. The sonic blasts that engulfed me was a worthy administration of their trademark blends of underground music, and the base was so strong my hair vibed to it. Cool.
As C commented, she felt like Alice in wonderland - every door u open leads u to a new musical world, and a wholly different experience. I love PURE, the pristine white room with giant beanies and classy couch pavilions. The drinks were dreamy, and the music eclectic. I found myself drawn to the music and sight, drowned in the pureness. The gals were just there for the beanies.

The retro room was funky, and we did this whole 70s shenigans that was pure wholesome cheesy fun. We saw a bald old men dancing with a gal 1/3 his age. Goovy.... The psychedelic colours and numerous discoballs were a retro overkill... I like...

The R&B room was way more raw and hardcore than Phuture. Complete with metal rails and enclosed dancefloor. It is as if you expect gunnings and knifings just looking at the decor. And no drinks at the dancefloor... classy... Hate the crowd though. Lotsa idiot guys trying to get fresh. Scum. Hah, but we discovered a trick move..."bouncy-girl crowd killer"... Best done in the whole group, and after a beer or two.

Lastly, the main floor. Pure aural beauty. I was awed by the decor... the futuristic laser displays, the craft of the DJ, and the crowd... it was sufficiently crowded considering it is house, and yet it leave enough space such that you can move without fear of molesting.

The magic ended at 3-ish, and we supped at Macs. And yakked for hours. Adjourned to Boat quay and yakked over tea again. Sat at UOB plaza and told ghost stories. And they screamed when something when plonk in the waters. Girls.

Went home by 6, and in bed by 7. Nice Xmas 05. I feel old already....
Dream gift for 06? VIP for MOS?






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home