Sunday, December 11, 2005

Anntic. (10 Dec)

It was 6 days of fun, reflection, meditation and learning. The latter was a tad muted, but otherwise, the anntic experience was an excellent touch to end the year with, right after that grueling exam marathoning and stanchart's marathon. (I got qie-ed by 2 gals by an hour - how embarrassing...)

I am so thankful for the lives who entered mine, new frens I have made and people who made me see how God has truly transformed their lives. I think it will take a lot of hits to my head, with frisbies and what not, before I would forget the fun tai-ti session, the men's secret plenary at Domus C, the Captain's ball where we scored a glorious 19-9, the pop-pop chase, the awe inspiring worship sessions, the tears inducing world prayer session, and bonding sessions with my group. I got really crazy towards the end, and my sadistic humour revealed itself (sorry to Cher, whom I assaulted with pyrotechnics, sorry to the 2 whom I suppose could see "eye-to-eye"). I guess I had a great taste of what it would have been like to live in a village of God. And I think I am looking forward to that Homecoming.

Lessons learnt:
Love all, for they are all His. It was a rude reminder that He does not forget, and my covenant made to Him was refreshed. Woe to he who foolishly covenants, for he insults Him who took in that covenant. I was chastised, and I have learnt.

Obey His mandates, for we are his agents of light. It is tough, and I forsee a tough spiritual journey ahead as I learn to die to self. I have a lot of self I guess, so it will take quite a while...

I am blessed. Tremendously. Journey back to SG with YM and Jas reminded me of His goodness, where He cleared my way whenever I relied on Him, that things always worked out in the end, in all aspects of my life. To Him: Amen!

I have to truly remind myself of my own calling cards, my Ace of Spade, Queen of Hearts, King of Diamonds and Ace of Clubs. Should I be known by either of these? Let it not be so. Indeed on reflection, I have let one or another take centre stage in my life. Let me be reminded that all these are but cards within a single deck, and each should not given over to the other.

Thus, I am called to listen. Listen, as I shuffle through these cards, listen to the people around me, who need help, who needs love, who needs advice (free of course). Most importantly, to listen for the mandate.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home