I really walk alone.
Truly, I realise I really walk alone. No one will follow, when ways part and goals diverge. Why had I kidded myself, and took pride in things useless and pointless? Why had I relied on assurances of men?
Today, realisation slowly dawn...
I walk alone. As I should.
To walk alone, where there is no expectations, to walk alone, where there is no strife. To walk alone, where there is no pretense, to walk alone where there are no lies. False friends who takes out places of others, hidden foes who masquerade as allies. Why surround yourself with vipers, and complain of poisoning? Why complain of pain when you walk the path of daggers?
So I shall depart, hence. Farewell to the incidence of strife, an end to the road of torment. I shall shift my hopes to the eternal, the untaintable, the uncorruptable, the just. I can stand that injustice no longer. I abhor the very looks on those smiling faces. Open enemies I welcome with open arms, for they are worthy adversaries, all. But hidden foes I spit upon, and wish for them to perish. Harm not what harmed you not, befoul not the deeds of others.
I have been daggered, beggared, drugged of my senses, to have taken fools as wise men, and rats as brothers. The injustice to my name and the pain of betrayal is rightful return for an my own undersight.
But once bitten twice shy - shy away from them I will, and their sight shall be as silent mist in my presence. I will blame the chill of the air, the wetness of the land, and the foulness of the breathes, but I will never say "are those my frens?" or "How have you been?". We do not acknowledge the shadows, nor ask about the dead.
My time is over. I rise from my slumber. No longer shall I take the waking nap; no longer shall I even bother.
I walk alone.
Today, realisation slowly dawn...
I walk alone. As I should.
To walk alone, where there is no expectations, to walk alone, where there is no strife. To walk alone, where there is no pretense, to walk alone where there are no lies. False friends who takes out places of others, hidden foes who masquerade as allies. Why surround yourself with vipers, and complain of poisoning? Why complain of pain when you walk the path of daggers?
So I shall depart, hence. Farewell to the incidence of strife, an end to the road of torment. I shall shift my hopes to the eternal, the untaintable, the uncorruptable, the just. I can stand that injustice no longer. I abhor the very looks on those smiling faces. Open enemies I welcome with open arms, for they are worthy adversaries, all. But hidden foes I spit upon, and wish for them to perish. Harm not what harmed you not, befoul not the deeds of others.
I have been daggered, beggared, drugged of my senses, to have taken fools as wise men, and rats as brothers. The injustice to my name and the pain of betrayal is rightful return for an my own undersight.
But once bitten twice shy - shy away from them I will, and their sight shall be as silent mist in my presence. I will blame the chill of the air, the wetness of the land, and the foulness of the breathes, but I will never say "are those my frens?" or "How have you been?". We do not acknowledge the shadows, nor ask about the dead.
My time is over. I rise from my slumber. No longer shall I take the waking nap; no longer shall I even bother.
I walk alone.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home