Wednesday, August 30, 2006

legally armed

Armed with the teeth.
This quote got me pretty tickled during the lecture:
"the advocate is to be armed like a warrior, not an assassin..."
How, erm, quaint an analogy!
To slash and thrust with reason, not to make stabs in the dark with guile;
To shoot volleys of well aimed retorts, not to poison the minds of the foe.
To deflect verbal ripostes with procedural repose, not to spring unannounced in secret;
To wage legal war with horns and clarion calls, not to silently stalk the time bar.

Thus are we responsible for our profession - to be a legal warrior?
I sense not, the link.

So I am a black horse.
The quizz caught me unaware, and the answer totally confounded me.
Yet even more baffling is the motive of the quizzer, and the reaction to the answer.
I sense a cause was made and lost. I sensed a disturbance in the force.
So I remain, a dark, dark horse.

Finally discharged my debt today.
A promised given, and fully repaid. The repayment was entertaining whilst it lasted.
The best kind of arrangement.
Yet I sense that this release of liability is the last bond that binds. Henceforth the path shall only diverge, and there will be a time and day when all would seem like a funny dream.
Debts come, debts go. New debts will come again.

Engulfed in a sea of work.
Work comes, work goes, work will come again.
Sliding in a sea of meaningless work, sinking readily in boredom.
Driven by purpose, I found none! Fueled by passion, I have long been dry...
The engine of direction has stopped and died - all has come to a stop.
When will this drought end? When will the springs flow again?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home