rueda rueda!
Reunion.
Finally met my long lost frens, yoyo and clara... Mixed feelings. I feel old yet young at the same time. Old, cos they are my peers and they are out earning their keep, climbing the corporate ladder and stuff. Young, cos, they are still rookies at their trade, and I am also reminded that i am still a dependent, albeit a senior and somewhat jaded one... contradictions.
Dinner of porridge never seemed so good, but then again, food in company of old frens always tastes better, yes? One point of note: never be lazy in choosing ur porridge - century egg twice in a row is NOt good news for the palate. Ironic eh? Praise and distaste coinciding. Life. hah.
Rueda.
Well, found out there is no intermediate salsa, was rather disappointed, but the praises at the counter lifted my spirits somewhat. My disappointment was wrongly placed though, for I had a jolly good time! hahaha... for once, the instructor was a gal, and a good one at that. So detailed, so precise - seems like a different dance altogether... and when she demoed.... looked like a fiery devil on the dancefloor. I stood in awe.
Anyway, the usual steps took over, and lessons ended. For once, the floor is not flooded with law students; for once, i get to dance with some strangers. my age... SDU ladies dun count.
Stayed after class and did rueda... conclusion: WUNDERMENT
Its more complex than salsa... and defintely more social... and there lies the draw. Got criticised fairly often, but hey, i'm a rookie, yes? At the end of it, knew more pple than 10 hrs of salsa could ever allow! More decadent, yes... but then again, so is advanced salsa.
Revelation.
MY FRENS TURNED GAY!!!!! Biggest biggest revelation in like years. BIG time. Like almost ALL of them. ARGH. like, all of them.
ALL. They who shall notbe named.... but... OMG. And i was not told? Was naming names.... in desperate attempt to find a straight one... but no... all gay! ahhhhhhhhh
Resolution.
I wanna catch uop with my frens more!!! Learn more salsa fast!!! Salsa clubs are way cooler than zouk! hahaha. And get over my homophobia... frens are too precious to be lost over minor psychological barriers.
Reflections.
I have found a new love.... the music never leaves my mind now.Fear not, my Silver Sun, I will not forsake you for this new love... I will just.....make time.
Finally met my long lost frens, yoyo and clara... Mixed feelings. I feel old yet young at the same time. Old, cos they are my peers and they are out earning their keep, climbing the corporate ladder and stuff. Young, cos, they are still rookies at their trade, and I am also reminded that i am still a dependent, albeit a senior and somewhat jaded one... contradictions.
Dinner of porridge never seemed so good, but then again, food in company of old frens always tastes better, yes? One point of note: never be lazy in choosing ur porridge - century egg twice in a row is NOt good news for the palate. Ironic eh? Praise and distaste coinciding. Life. hah.
Rueda.
Well, found out there is no intermediate salsa, was rather disappointed, but the praises at the counter lifted my spirits somewhat. My disappointment was wrongly placed though, for I had a jolly good time! hahaha... for once, the instructor was a gal, and a good one at that. So detailed, so precise - seems like a different dance altogether... and when she demoed.... looked like a fiery devil on the dancefloor. I stood in awe.
Anyway, the usual steps took over, and lessons ended. For once, the floor is not flooded with law students; for once, i get to dance with some strangers. my age... SDU ladies dun count.
Stayed after class and did rueda... conclusion: WUNDERMENT
Its more complex than salsa... and defintely more social... and there lies the draw. Got criticised fairly often, but hey, i'm a rookie, yes? At the end of it, knew more pple than 10 hrs of salsa could ever allow! More decadent, yes... but then again, so is advanced salsa.
Revelation.
MY FRENS TURNED GAY!!!!! Biggest biggest revelation in like years. BIG time. Like almost ALL of them. ARGH. like, all of them.
ALL. They who shall notbe named.... but... OMG. And i was not told? Was naming names.... in desperate attempt to find a straight one... but no... all gay! ahhhhhhhhh
Resolution.
I wanna catch uop with my frens more!!! Learn more salsa fast!!! Salsa clubs are way cooler than zouk! hahaha. And get over my homophobia... frens are too precious to be lost over minor psychological barriers.
Reflections.
I have found a new love.... the music never leaves my mind now.Fear not, my Silver Sun, I will not forsake you for this new love... I will just.....make time.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home